Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Obagi: My Melasma Problems

Why I love Obagi--how do I start? It is a great product line to address medical issues. For me, those medical issues suck bad and there is no easy fix. I have Melasma--the first time I experienced it I was a couple months pregnant and I couldn't figure out why brown spots were developing on my face. After I had the baby, they didn't fade as I had expected. I tried laser, it made those dots pop out like measles on my face for ten days until they finally fell off. Yes, the laser helped, but eventually the Melasma came right back, despite my diligent use of sunblock. I became so frustrated and tired of my facial circumstance, desperate to find a cure to something that appears to have no cure, I ventured out on a limb and tried the Obagi line for my persistent, ugly and life-altering Melasma.
                                                               

When I first started using the Obagi line, I used everything that came in my set, all professionally numbered so you know which product to use in what order, and within two or three weeks I could see a major difference. My Melasma is always there, but with the Obagi it is barely noticeable anymore. While I don't use the whole set anymore, I still use the bleaching cream, and I am at the point where I don't even have to use it daily anymore. I generally use it every couple days, and it keeps my skin flawless.

The one thing I don't appreciate about skin care companies is that many of them will swear that their product can cure certain skin affictions like Melasma. The truth is, not many products can solve such a complex skin care problem like my dotted friend, Melasma. I have tried everything from over-the-counter product claims to very expensive spa brands, and truth is none of them cured my very stubborn case of Melasma. Sometimes our skin needs a boost of product line from our medical grade product lines. It doesn't mean our non-medical lines are insufficient, many of them are quite extraordinary and have come futher than anythng in our grandmother's day, but sometimes skin afflications need a healthy dose of spa grade mixed with medical grade to faciliate a radical change.

Another love affair with an exceptional skin care line--PRODUCT WHORE--Yes, I am--I love skin care products.

Grace Riley author of JumpStart Your Esthetics Career: A Guide For Newly Licensed Estheticians

No comments:

Post a Comment