Sunday, June 30, 2013

Skin Care Product Lines: How Do You Choose?

This blog is for those of you who are either doing booth rent and/or who will work for a place that allows you to choose the product line. Even if you aren't in charge of picking the skin care line, it is a good idea to be knowledgeable with at least a couple lines.
 It can be a daunting task because sometimes one line doesn't always meet all of your spa's needs, but you might not have the choice to do two skin care lines. Why can't I have both skin care lines if I can't decide? There is a thing called a BUDGET, and sometimes the budget doesn't allow that financial wiggle room. In choosing my line, I had seriously considered Bioelements. I could have started off with a very basic starter kit for $599-$700(with some retail) and then their full back bar with retail was $3,699.00. It seems like a lot of money but products add up quickly. The other skin care line I had on my second list was Image Skin Care, it also has a back bar kit that can cost upwards of a couple thousand dollars for everything you need to get started.
 
Before I could decide, I needed to understand the spa market of my new place of employment. Many of their clients desire organic services while there is another group that is focused on pampering and anti-aging. Both product lines, Bioelements and Image work well with this customer base, but I couldn't decide.It was very hard to decide between two lines that I loved so much. One of the deciding factors also was the fact that this is one of the top 20 richest towns in the U.S. and these customers expect high quality products that show visible changes in their skin.It was really hard to choose because I love both lines, and both have some great products, but neither line really had everything I wanted.
In the end, I decided on Image Skin Care for the exceptional, high quality skin-changing properties  and the outstanding customer service, and ease of ordering piece-by-piece. With Image, I don't have to order an entire backbar which saves money because we are not doing certain facials (like acne-no customer base for that one) and we are not offering any chemical peels, except for one organic peel. In addition, Image doesn't require the esthetician to meet with the sales rep before doing an order, and each facial protocol is labeled in their manual with the exact recommended price ranges of the treatments, and the cost to the esthetician to perform it.The beauty of working with Image Skin Care is you can order only what you need as opposed to a full back bar, and you can add or delete treatments at anytime without wasting a lot of product purchased in a full backbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment