Saturday, January 5, 2013

Skin Care Product Lines: How Do You Choose?

Good all purpose.
In thinking about my own experiences, I've had the opportunity to use several different products lines both in school and professionally: Eminence, Image, Bioelements, Dermalogica, Avene, Glytone, and Lindi. This list doesn't include products that I've used on my own or tested, it is only exhaustive of my schooling and professional usages.
Love it for anti-aging & effective change.

One of my favorites.
Favorite
The skin care product shelves are exploding with new and better skin care lines than we had years ago. Every time I open a copy of a professional skin care magazine or order supplies online at a distributor's website, there is always something new on the market. It makes my head spin!         

How do you know what product line to use in your solo practice? This is a very difficult question to answer because there are so many wonderful product lines on the market. A lot of estheticians use what they already know--it makes sense, you are comfortable with the product line you used in school, but knowing one line doesn't give you the opportunity to truly experience of the benefits of different lines.

In solo practice, since you are in charge, I would consider picking two of your favorite skin care lines and using that in your daily practice. Pick two lines that prove to you that they are results oriented, and that is a personal preference. You have to decide what is best for your practice.

Now, what if you work for someone else? If you work for someone else, you can recommend product lines, but you do not get final say. I can tell you that I haven't loved all the product lines mentioned above, but I had no choice because I was not the boss...I had to use what the employer provided and I had to learn that product line quickly. With that said, there is not one product line I hate that was mentioned above, but I had no choice but to use them because I was not the boss.

Good Luck, the journey through esthetics is worth the trip, working in the field you love is worth all the miles you've come!

Grace Riley the author of Jump Start Your Esthetics Career: A Guide For Newly Licensed Estheticians

No comments:

Post a Comment