Sunday, July 8, 2012

Esthetics: Do Aspiring Estheticians Need to Have Perfect Skin?

My skin isn't perfect, how can I be an esthetician? Don't you need perfect skin? These are the questions asked by people pondering esthetics as a career. Here's my answer to these common questions.

Not necessarily...a lot of women I meet who are interested in esthetics ask these questions. It is not a requirement to have perfect skin to be an esthetician, I wish my skin behaved nicely every day, but the fact is no one's skin is free from imperfections. Being an esthetician who has had her own bout of skin issues, makes you more compassionate and understanding to clients who have skin issues. When you go to esthetics school and you have bad skin, you are going to get the education and access to product lines that will help you improve your skin.

I knew a girl who went to esthetics school with her face covered in open pustules, it was red and inflamed. There didn't seem to be a view of her bare face anywhere in between those massive bumps, but after a few weeks of attending esthetics school her face slowly started to improve. By the end of her program, she had some of the best skin in that class!!! THIS IS A TRUE STORY!!

So don't let nagging skin problems deter you from esthetics school, in fact, your problems might clear up with the right education!

No comments:

Post a Comment