Monday, June 25, 2012

Know Your Esthetic Product Lines

I had a conversation with an esthetician the other day. He told me that he doesn't use the product line at his day spa. HUGE MISTAKE! I am not saying you have to use the line exclusively, but you need to use it so you know how it works, how it reacts on your skin, and what the benefits are of the product line. It is nearly impossible to educate and sell your client products that you don't even use yourself. You can't be a brand ambassador of your product line if you don't even use it. Clients are going to have lots of questions before they buy a product, and if you can't describe in detail how the product helps your skin and your other clients' skin, then they aren't going to value your opinion. In fact, you might lose your credibility with your client.

What if the product line isn't right for my skin type?

This is a valid question. I worked in a place that used two product lines that were medical grade lines, designed specifically for sensitive skin, which I didn't need. I also worked with an oncology line that I did not need to use, but in both circumstances I used all the samples my employer was willing to give me so I could familiarize myself with the lines. Sure, they would be much more useful to our clients whose skin craved these types of lines, but I needed to know how they smelled; how they felt;and what, if anything they did to my skin. I needed to understand them, and be able to describe them using sensory words to help my educate my clients on their benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment