Friday, June 22, 2012

How I Chose Esthetics as a Career Choice?

As a child I spent a lot of time in the beauty store, a lot of time watching my mom do people's make-up and hair for special events. She went to beauty school in the late 60's. My first esthetics experience came from reading her old cosmetology book...yes, back in the late 80's our summer breaks did not consist of Internet, game consoles, satelite t.v., or cell phones so I why not learn something? I spent a lot of time around my mom's friends who were cosmetologists as well. Initially, after graduating high school I went off to college like a million other kids. I got my Bachelor's Degree and worked in an office for many years. I loved taking care of my own skin, I had every kind of facial from every kind of place you could imagine, and I always envisioned myself being behind the facial bed not in it. After I had kids, I needed a more flexible career, and sure I could have continued in my field on a part-time basis, but I yearned for something more creative and esthetics was it. I decided to go back to school as an adult while juggling my regular job and managing motherhood (you all know what it is like--and if you don't, you probably will one day) and I haven't looked back. To love what you do and get paid for it, is the best feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment