Friday, June 22, 2012

Cosmetology or Esthetics: Which Career is Right for Me?

You know you love the beauty field but you can't decide which field to branch out into: Cosmetology or Esthetics. You only have enough money to pick one program so how do you choose?

 You have to decide if you love skin care or hair care more, of course in an ideal world you could do both, but if you are on a shoe string budget and can only afford one of the two options then do a little soul searching. Really dig dip, do you love working on hair--all types of hair and people?  Are you good with colors? If so, cosmetology might be right up your alley. Now, if you love picking at people's skin, ripping hair off from the most intimate places, and you are a skin care product junkie than esthetics might be your calling.

For me, I knew I had no interest in hair. I could see it now, I would have a customer who wanted a pale blond shade and as I pulled off the foils I would see electric orange. The fact is, I was never good at chemistry so I knew cosmetology wouldn't be my thing. Now, even as a young girl you would find me toying around with all the skin care creams, sure I didn't even have a wrinkle in the oven yet, but I loved those products. I loved anything skin care! So, I knew this was the place for me and I think for all of you teetering about which path to go towards, you should really examine where you heart lies.

And I love all you cosmetologists out there because with out you, well let's just say my hair might be electric orange! And we don't want that.

No comments:

Post a Comment