Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Budget Friendly Esthetics: Fish Oil

When you are in esthetics school it is hard to pony up the big bucks (even with your student discount) for professional grade products. If you don't have the money in your student budget, I recommend buying one really good cleanser and save the rest of your money by using natural ingredients. One of my all time favorite natural ingredients is FISH OIL! Yes, I know GROSS! How I did I come across fish oil? Well, let's just say for the first time in my life I had a slightly elevated LDL cholesterol score and I have severe dry eye syndrome associated with thyroid disease. So, my doctor recommended an all purpose product that would help both my LDL cholesterol levels and my dry eye symptoms: FISH OIL. I initially was disgusted that she wanted me to ingest fish oil, the thought still grosses me out, but the benefits out weigh the gross factor. As I researched more about fish oil, I learned that it has so many beneficial attributes: anti-inflammatory, reduces acne, plumps dry skin, aids in weight loss, and so much more. In between taking the pill orally for medical reasons, I decided why not break the pill in half and use the oil oozing out from the capsule. I am not going to lie, the oil does not smell great, but the benefits are amazing. My skin felt smooth as a baby's butt about a half hour after the initial application and the acne inflammation I was experiencing on my chin seem to dissipate a little bit. If you are on a budget while in esthetics school, and you need some quick, cheap solutions to your skin care regimen, then consider the benefits of fish oil: just don't put it on before a hot date!

1 comment: