Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Esthetics:Foods That Benefit the Skin

While I love many foods that do absolutely nothing for my skin, some might even damage my skin, there are many foods that I LOVE because they taste delicious, but they also have skin healing properties as well. One of my favorite foods is actually an oil, olive oil to be exact...every since I took my first trip to Tuscany a few years ago I have used olive oil on everything. If olive oil is the secret anti-aging secret of the Italians I will take it, the Italians don't seem to age as rapidly as we do in America. Another food comes from one of my other favorite countries, Mexico, I love avocados. I am embarrassed to say I hated avocados back when I took my trip to Mexico so I never had authentic guacamole. It has taken me almost thirty years to acquire a taste for them, but I love the taste along with the HDL (good) cholesterol benefits for my body and the benefits to my skin--Gracias Mexico! Two of my favorite culinary treasures masks themselves as simple ingredients when they actually can benefit the skin both through food and through use on the skin (think avocado mask and olive oil cream). I have even used pure olive oil on my hair (thanks to a really bad highlight job!) to restore my hair.

Other favorites: Coconut oil, aloe, peppermint oil, eggs, water, fruit, nut oils--nature's bounty gives us so many healthy skin care options.

No comments:

Post a Comment