Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spotlight Esthetician--Meet Brandy

                                                        Meet Brandy from Chicago
Brandy is a Beauty enthusiast, and Licensed Esthetician from Chicago. Not only is she into beauty, but also fashion. She started her blog, Gold'n Glitters as a voice for the Plus Sized community. "The Human Side of Beauty, " and Gold'n Glitters is synonymous. She had guest written for various bloggers in the blogosphere on Beauty and Plus sized Fashion. Having a phenomenonal eye for detail has helped her grow as a writer and artist. Follow her on twitter Goldhoneebee, goldnglitters on Instagram. Brandy thank you for bringing a voice to the beautiful women who are often overlooked simply for being plus sized, and using your esthetics skills and passion for writing to help these women feel just as beautiful as any other woman deserves to feel. Find more out about this amazing esthetician below in our Q & A with Brandy.

(1) Why did you decide to go into esthetics?
      I went into Esthetics because I've always loved beauty and was a makeup artist for a few years before I started school. It also wanted to learn more about Skincare. I attended Tricoci University of Beauty Culture, in Bridgeview Illinois. I loved that Mr Mario was so hands on and wanted to meet each student at each campus in the area. I loved that the instructors were caring and wanted us to succeed and gave us the real world perspective. I disliked that the Esthetics program was still new and that the opportunities for us wasn't as plentiful as it was for the Cosmetology students.

(2) Did your school help you find a job after graduation?
      My school didn't help me find a job per se, but I did have a mock interview and work on my resume so I could land a good job in my career. I think my school did a excellent job on preparing us for the realities of the Esthetics career. I think most of my classmates thought that they would land jobs that would pay substantial money just starting out. If you're just starting out you can make as much as you please if you work for yourself, but it's not a check every 2 weeks.

(3) What is one thing you wish you learned in esthetics school that you didn't?
       One thing I wish I learned in Esthetics school, but I didn't was the individual lashes. I work at Red Pearl Chicago, in Chicago Illinois. I perform waxing (facial and body), facials, and makeup. The advice I have for Esthetics students and recent graduates is to stay positive, the market is going well for Estheticians. You can work for yourself or others and make a good amount of money. Keep abreast on the current trends in Skincare and makeup. Trade shows will be your best friend.


Thanks Brandy for sharing a little bit about your esthetics experiences. Best of luck to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment