Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Esthetics Books that Help Boost Your Career

Jump Start Your Esthetics Career: A Guide for Newly Licensed Estheticians has reached thousands of readers, and has helped many recent graduates find their way to an esthetics job. Many of my readers send me notes and let me know how this book has helped them with their career journey. I wrote this book because I was frustrated with the lack of career resources available to new graduates when I graduated, and it was difficult to get an esthetics job as a newly graduated esthetician. The school I went to had a job board, but the jobs were few and far in between. It was frustrating, but I learned how to turn this challenge into a rewarding career. In Jump Start Your Esthetics Career: A Guide for Newly Licensed Estheticians, I teach you how to find a job at a high end spa even as a new esthetician, while it is not easy many of my readers have taken my advice and they have landed jobs at swanky spas. When I wrote this book, I never fully intended to publish, it was more of a catharsis to the bleak job market for estheticians and lack of career preparation of many schools, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would even sell one book much less connect with so many of my readers. This book has turned some readers into friends, and it has brought me so much joy to hear from my readers, and to help guide them on their path to success. I love hearing your stories, I love answering your messages on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/grace.riley.5) and on e-mail (gracerileypublishing@gmail.com) and I love watching so many of you succeed in your dreams.

My second book, Spa Divas: A Place to Hang My License was written because I wanted to share my first job experience with my readers--I wanted them to know that we all have bumps in the road on this journey we share. Sometimes our first couple of jobs might not be the ideal job, not the dream job we had been hoping for, but mistakes are valuable because they teach us lessons we could never have learned without those bumps in the road. This book is a true account of my first job, it was a crazy place to work, but it made me a stronger esthetician and more business savvy. It made me realize I had to look out for me, and that I had to be more involved in my career, and that I had to protect my interests in the future. When you are just starting out you will pretty much take any job, but here I had found this spectacular job at at swanky, upscale spa and it turned out to be an absolute disaster albeit funny to many of my readers, but it was the learning experience of a lifetime. The mistakes I made and the numerous frustrations I encountered at this spa made me who I am today, and I have no regrets. This book is a light hearted account of a truly crazy and ridiculous spa experience run by two housewives (akin to something off of Beverly Hills Housewives show) that had absolutely no idea what they were doing, and they ran it like it was a sorority party.

Both JumpStart Your Esthetics Career: A Guide for Newly Licensed Estheticians and Spa Divas: A Place to Hang My License are available on www. amazon.com

Coming Soon--"Spa Party Success Plan: Your Guide to Starting Your Own Business"

No comments:

Post a Comment