Monday, October 7, 2013

Esthetician Spotlight: Meet Lindsey

                                             Esthetician Spotlight: Meet Lindsey from Idaho
                               Lindsey attended Austin Kade Academy and is about to embark on her on esthetics journey. While she is new to the field, her entrepreneurial spirit has helped Lindsey carve out her own business with ease and confidence. Read her Q & A below--this beautiful esthetician with flawless, baby doll, porcelain skin and just- as- sweet personality is sure to inspire you to achieve great things! Congratulations Lindsey on diving right into the field and paving your way on your own terms!

(1) Why did you choose esthetics?
       "I chose esthetics because of my interest in the skin care industry, but also because of the versatility of an esthetics license. The limitless possibilities of where I could take my career within esthetics was very appealing to me."

(2) Have you found a job yet
     " I am a very independent and ambitious person so I knew from the beginning I wanted to booth rent. Making the decisions to do so right out of school was very intimidating and overwhelming but I am looking forward to the challenge. When deciding where I wanted to booth rent I approached my options and interviews as two way streets. I needed to make sure they were just as good a match for me as I was for them."

(3) How did you find the booth rent location? Can you tell us how much it will cost you for rent? Did you decide on a product line and how are you managing that?
 "I will be paying $275 a month for booth rent, which is the cheapest of any location in my area. Deciding on a product line was one of the toughest decisions, trying to weigh the financial aspect of it and making sure it is a cost efficient line as well as a reliable, top of the line product for my clients was very difficult. There were a few things I looked for when choosing a product line, I wanted to make sure the company was well established, and offered product knowledge courses, as well as providing exceptional customer service for when I had questions or needed help. I also wanted to make sure they offered a full product line, without too many products to insure I or my clients don’t get too overwhelmed. Because I will be starting out independently the financial aspect of the product line played a huge role in which one I chose. It was important that I could order products individually, with no monthly fee or minimum purchase requirements. I will be using a few different product lines when starting out. The main line I will be using is Lira, as well as a few products from Cuccio Naturale, and Bio Elements."

(4)  Do you feel that your school prepared you well for the esthetics job market?
       "While my school did give me a broad understand and knowledge of many crucial things for a career in esthetics I found it was very important to research on my own, take advanced education classes and speak with other licensed professionals while I was in school in order to enter the esthetics job market confident in my skills and knowledge."

(5) What are three 3 things you wish they had taught you in esthetics school that they didn't. 
       "I wish they would have taught me more on the business side of an esthetics career, I personally believe those skills are just as important in order to be successful as knowing how to do a facial etc. I wish they would have taught me my options for continuing education one I graduate, and how to choose which courses and classes to invest my time and money into. I also wish they would have taught me a broader knowledge of not only product lines but also products in general, how to choose a microdermabrasion machine, which components of a 10 in 1 machine are crucial to have etc."

(6) What are your favorite esthetics treatments you like to give? 
      "I really enjoy giving body treatments. I love the overall feeling of rejuvenation you feel after receiving them."

(7) Is this a career change? Are you fresh out of school?
       " I was a semester into my bachelor’s degree when I decided to set aside the time to complete my esthetics program. I was pretty fresh out of high school when I started so other than a few part time jobs this was the start to my career."













No comments:

Post a Comment