Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How I Created a Successful Esthetics Business

      I didn't start out in esthetics thinking I would work for myself, and when I graduated I immediately went to work for a great medical spa. As time went on, I didn't want to sell another product for someone else; I didn't want to be bound to certain hours; and I wanted to be in control of my own income. As I worked I was always double dipping and trying out new things.
      I ended up creating a small, but certainly fun party business. I do make-up parties and product demonstrations (and then I sell those skin care products to guests at the party). I make good money while having fun. I decide how much to charge for parties, how much for products and what hours I am willing to work. I sell professional skin care and make-up to the guests at this party.
       To start this business, I did have to spend some money early on. I had to have many skin care products on hand to demonstrate, and I had to buy a professional make-up kit. I had to buy my own supplies (brushes, cotton rounds, towels, etc). I also invested in a logo, professional business cards, and ads. Most of my business comes from word of mouth, and I give away a lot of free facials to get ladies to consider doing a skin care/make-up product demonstration party, but in the end giving these freebies away has helped me get parties going and money in my pocket. This is a good business to start part-time while you have another more secure job.

No comments:

Post a Comment